High Quality Training
Northern Lights SCITT was inspected in Ofsted in 2017. Inspectors rated the SCITT as a good teacher training provider, with outstanding quality of leadership and management across the partnership.
Ofsted inspectors said:
- Training opportunities and pastoral support are highly personalised to meet individual trainees' needs.
- NQTs reported receiving outstanding support from the SCITT during their training.
- Trainees develop strong subject and curriculum knowledge, which enables them to engage pupils.
- Training is well organised, with activities carefully planned to ensure all the teachers' standards are covered.
- Trainees receive effective training in behaviour management and have the opportunity to practise their learning in two complementary placements